funsec mailing list archives

Re: EU Promotes Continent-Wide Censorship

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:06:18 -0500

On 5/19/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
> What is so great about your Consitution exactly? I don't think I've
> ever read it...

Then I don't see how you can know that yours is better.

Because most of the world, at one point or another, has lived under
what you call a Constitution (and its various counterparts) and didn't
find it all that great - including the founders of this country!

We've had a constitution for several hundred years. Magna Carta, for
example, was 1215.

Hmm... when did you get rid of slavery?

Magna Carta - wasn't that basically an agreement between the king of
the time and his people? Don't you, through your country's history,
have to do this several more times just to get where you are now?

I wouldn't call anything you have a Constitution - for one, they're
not. You don't live in a Constitutional Parliamentary Monarchy.

Good grief. How on earth can you justify that?

*I* can't, personally. But legally its justified because I have the
right to move to a community that allows it - its sorta based on a
free market system. If Kansas wants the citizens who have moved to
Nevada for the prostitution to come back, they'll have to legalize
prostitution.

Now, thanks to the "war on drugs" however, local control of such
things is weakening a great deal. For instance, several states have
legalized marijuana for medicinal use - but the feds are raiding any
of the doctors brave enough to do so. MOST of these cases don't make
it to the SC - or the SC refuses them. IF they are ever heard it will
probably be a pretty disappointing result. However, I'd still rather
live here than in England because here I have a basic right to self
defense - and a right to the means to do it - and I don't smoke pot
for any purpose. :) Someday soon I'll be looking for an island - or
island country - that provides me with commercial free living. Until
then, I'll enjoy Missouri.

New Yorkers don't even know that you exist, if you're outside New York.

I can not and will not argue that statement. In fact, I might see it
as a black and white truth.