funsec mailing list archives

Re: EU Promotes Continent-Wide Censorship

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:18:11 -0400

On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:43:05 CDT, Brian Loe said:
In America you have a right to a jury trial any time you can lose
freedoms or property. Our original wording of the DoI said "life,
liberty and property" I am told - and it seems to ring true, we hold
property to be a pretty important part of freedom.

Good luck getting a jury trial if your car/boat/house just got seized
as an "administrative forteiture" as is common in "War on Foo" cases,
where the Foo is Drugs/Terrorism/Immigration or whatever this decade's
boogyman is.