funsec mailing list archives

Re: Database design.

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:42:09 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Blue Boar wrote:

Drsolly wrote:
I suggest you redo your calculation with the correct mtbf of 1.2 million
hours.

And you think that's the MTBF you'll get under your use conditions, huh?

Yes.

  Boy Solly, you sure go naive when you're trying to support a point...

I use a lot of drives, and I do actually have a good idea of mtbfs.

(Are you're sure that's not the MTBF for drives that aren't powered on?)

If you don't power a drive on, it never fails, so the mtbf is infinite.