funsec mailing list archives

Re: write viruses? it's controversy time of the month

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:36:48 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Blue Boar wrote:

Drsolly wrote:
I've never spoken to anyone who had actually seen Elk.

Is that "seen" as in, you don't think it was significant in the wild?
(can't personally argue that) or "seen", as in you don't believe it existed?

Seen, as in had a specimen, either from the wild or not. And, at the time,
I was in touch with everyone interested in the virus field (because way
back then, there weren't that many of us).

So I'm willing to be proved wrong, but actually, right this moment, I
don't believe that it existed.