funsec mailing list archives

Re: why Senator Stevens is right on Net Neutrality

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:06:41 -0500

On 7/6/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

If this issue degrades to a free market vs communism debate, then we
have lost the ability to communicate because most have already made up
their mind and are unwilling to change it.

If you think that letting businesses police themselves is a valid
option, then nothing I can say will change your mind. Enjoy your
electric car, secure operating systems, and cancer cures.

-JP<the dirty stinking commie>

What is your point? Are you arguing idealsim vs. reality? This
argument IS about the free market - of money and ideas. That's not
what we're "degrading" the argument to, it is what it is.

Q: What is the difference between a piece of paper and a piece of money?
A: The money is a piece of paper that has been blessed by the treasury wizards.

The money is only worth something because we all agree on it.

The answer is your comment, actually. Has nothing to do with the
"treasury wizards". I'm all for going back to the gold standard,  but
I'm not sure what you're trying to say...