funsec mailing list archives

Re: why Senator Stevens is right on Net Neutrality

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:29:41 -0500

On 7/6/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

> I drive a big frickin F-150 and get 17mpg. No electric cars for me. I know
> the costs of driving this 6500 pound truck and accept them.

Like the melting polar ice caps?

Especially the ice caps - there's far too much land currently
available for exploitation. I personally support the melting of polar
ice caps in order to protect the land they will eventually flood.

Thats bunk. Phizer pays billions more in marketing than they do in research.

Do you understand that there are drugs on the shelves as we speak that
could save the lives of 5-600 people a year? Do you understand that
those drugs will never see the light of day because the drug company
can't afford to make it through FDA trails and approvals?

You can hate big business all you want but in the end your idealism
fails and you contribute nothing to your community.