funsec mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Reports Slammed for Creating 'Test' Viruses

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:56:48 -0700

Drsolly wrote:
No, I'm saying that there's an Intelligent Designer behind the viruses, and your purpose isn't the purpose of the virus authors, and you would design different viruses from the ones they would design.

OK, I'm not sure what would be qualitatively different about me the virus author, versus the natural self-selected population of virus authors, but at least I understand your position better. For the record, I wasn't trying to hint that I could write some uber-polymorphic-super virus. I'm under the impression that I could write some 80's-style file infecter, and as long as it's original, it wouldn't be detected.

                                        BB