funsec mailing list archives

Re: 'Bad Guys are Winning' Despite Fight Against Spam

From: Bruce Ediger <eballen1 () qwest net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:13:55 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Don Blumenthal wrote:

On 12/8/06, Bruce Ediger <eballen1 () qwest net> wrote:
I personally have long held the belief that only violence against
spammers
will solve the spam problem.
It's been tried.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/26/russian_spammer_killed. It doesn't
look to me as if Russian spam volumes have gone down.

"Notorious Russian spammer Vardan Kushnir was found bludgeoned to
death ...  He was killed by repeated blows to the head..."

Not nearly baroque enough to frighten off the chicken-boners here in
the USA, I'm afraid.  They watch a lot of "James Bond" and Vin Diesel
movies, and a lot of them have spent time traveling with the circus,
so they're pretty much immune to threats of bludgeoning.

I bet if you held them down and flossed them, there'd
be a huge decrease.

--
Bruce Ediger
720-932-1954