funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Want a beer at the pub? Have your prints taken

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:24:43 -0400

On 10/23/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:58:41 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Its still carnage on the highways. Difference is, now people get
locked up for what they may have potentially done as opposed to crimes
they've actually committed.

So you're OK on drunk people with high-powered weapons shooting down
Main Street as long as they don't actually *hit* anybody? ;)

What's the moral distinction between "too drunk to know where you're
pointing the gun, and therefor reckless", and "too drunk to know where
you're pointing the car"?

what if we just give everyone electric powered bumper cars? It may
take longer to get to work, but it would be a hell of a lot more
stress-relieving in heavy traffic

-JP<who reminds everyone the highways are paid for by taxpayers, so we
have the right to demand bumper-cars>