funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Want a beer at the pub? Have your prints taken

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:20:29 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/24/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
On 10/24/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

Look at it as a blacklist for assholes, used by pubs at their
discretion. :P

_______________________________________

Well, the article makes it sound like the fingerprint scanners are
almost mandated by the govt :
----------------------------------
Oh, and (bar owners) are also coerced into taking the fingerprint
system. New licences stipulate that a landlord who doesn't install
fingerprint security and fails to show a "considerable" reduction in
alcohol-related violence, will be put on report by the police and have
their licences revoked.
----------------------------------

So I think there may be some more nefarious features built in, if not
advertised. I would be willing to bet that it will search a database
at the Yard to see if anyone has any unpaid parking tickets and such.

So what exactly are you trying to say here? Solly would gladly sell
you out because he feels you're an arsehole - privacy be damned?!

If I were running a pub, and decided that Joe Lunchbox is the sort of
arsehole that ruins everyone else's fun, then I'd ban him from my pub.
If I also had arrangements with other publicans in the area to share this
sort of information, then I would.

Certainly, someone getting drunk and starting a fight would be a fast
track to arseholehood.