funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:22:35 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Actually, we got married in a synagogue, because anything else would have
caused intense distress for our parents, and that's something one doesn't
do. But the *reason* we got married was that we were in love.

faith
–noun
1.    confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.

So, you DO know what faith is and, it turns out, you have some - in
something at least.

In the sense that religious people use the word, it means belief in
something with no actual evidence.

They've hijacked the word "faith" to mean "religion" - for example "Faith
schools", meaning "schools in which children are indoctrinated in stuff
and nonsense". The language evolves, words change their meaning. Gay used
to mean "happy", then it meant "homosexual", now it means "unpleasant".

I have a dream that one day the word "faith" will be a synonym for
"gullibility".