funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:57:59 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Kurt Grutzmacher wrote:

Everyone who had a creative mind and played a lot of FPSers has done
or attempted to do this. This kid just did it too well it seems. Back
when Duke Nukem was fun my ex-wife made a map of our apartment. Having
a pole dancer in our kitchen was cool! I'd hate to be a kid in America
today.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13245974/detail.html

"Because of the violent nature of the game -- people killing people.
The setting of the game was an exact replica of Clements High School,"
said Mary Ann Simpson, the Fort Bend Independent School District
spokeswoman.

"I think removing him was probably a good thing to do because we have
no idea if he was actually going to come to school with a gun or
something," student Maggie Berado said.

But I have no idea whether Maggie Berado is going to come to school with a
gun or something, so should we do something about her?