funsec mailing list archives

RE: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "William Lefkovics" <william () emailonastick com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:23:11 -0700

Apples.

Oranges.

Not many swimming pools can kill you at 7km (was that what the 50BMG could
do?).
So far, I haven't had to keep my soccer ball in a child-proof safe.

I don't care if responsible people have guns or not.  But a computer, though
a potential weapon, is not a firearm.
Arguments dismissing them as equals are as lame as the ones who say we
should get rid of guns altogether.

As for the idea of protecting ourselves from our own government... should we
not then maintain the same level of weapons as our government?