funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:51:01 -0500

On 8/28/07, Black Ops Security <x () blackopssec com> wrote:

If the "gun problem" is due primarily to the existence of guns, rather
than to societal factors like how people are raised, broken homes, child
abuse and neglect, education, etc, then explain how gun control is the
obvious solution for these cold hard facts...

13% of the US population is black
47% of homicides in the US were perpetrated by blacks
94% of black victims were killed by blacks

Hell, based on those numbers, we could significantly reduce murder in
the US if we simply stopped selling guns to black people.  Or at least
that's a valid conclusion for anybody who adheres to the simplistic and
often fallacious logic of the typical US gun control advocate.

WHOA!!  Just you hold on a minute there. No one here can respond to an
argument such as this, they have no argument for it. They will, at
best - IF you get a response at all (you haven't yet) - call it a
"straw" something or other. Likely they'll just ignore this argument
altogether and complain about apple and orange comparisons...