funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:55:44 -0500

On 8/29/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

And then they can explain Caesar's Gaul to a present-day resident of Paris,
or the Ming dynasty to a present-day Beijing person.

Or are you saying that you are literally still living in the Wild West of
the 1880s, in the modern day?

Dang nabit! It was the twin with the filter.

Okay, so, do I really need to explain to you what is meant by the
"Wild West"? Do I then have to explain that I'm mocking the argument -
since the "Wild West" never really existed, though the "West" did? If
so I might as well explain that I'm referring to where I live as the
beginnings of that "West".

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe