funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:29:28 -0400 (EDT)

What a horrible idea.  If someone owns a gun, then it should be stored in
a secure manner.  Some kid might pick up the gun, start playing with it,
and blow away a friend, sibling, neighbor, etc.

A case like this happened a couple of miles from my house in June.  An
8-year kid was killed by his 7-year old cousin who was horsing around with
an unsecured and loaded handgun which belonged to the brother of the
victim.

Richard

Wow! It appears I've missed one of those prized FunSec debates in my
sleep.

For all those that push the "need" to ban guns, because they are so-o
dangerous I give you this challenge:
Put an (eek) LOADED gun on the table - and wait for it to do some
damage.  You know, kill someone, rob a poor citizen, etc....

Let me know how long it takes will ya?

(Banning guns is like typical Western medicine - heal the effect, not
the cause.)

Sincerely,

Daniel H. Renner
President