funsec mailing list archives

Re: How much security does $1 trillion buy?

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:27:14 -0500

On 8/1/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/08/01/analysis_says_war_could_cost_1_trillion/

Analysis says war could cost $1 trillion

Budget office sees effect on taxpayers for decade

By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff  |  August 1, 2007

Yes, I'm being trolled, but what the hell.

Since Brian has been taking the heat lately, let me relieve him for a
moment...

I'll attempt answer as outrageously as you attempt being on-topic with
subject obviously of your own choosing.

Lets just call that the cost of another 9-11 or a couple of Katrina's
without the negative economic impact.

Just think:

A lot of WWII-age  bomb inventory on Diego Garcia has now been refreshed..
Heck the island may have even rose out of the sea a few inches...

The Tomahawk missile's reputation has been restored.

The cost-per-bomb-dropped of the B2 bomber has drastically been reduced.
From, say 100 million per bomb to perhap 100K per bomb?

Libya stopped all its weapons of mass destruction programs.

 In fact we got to kick the crap out of Al Qada and Saddam for the same
10-tera-dime....

Let also consider:

In the same timespan, about 130,000 people were killed in the US from car
accidents and many more injured.

And similarly about 1.2 million people died from smoking related illnesses..

Anyone care to estimate the cost for medical care for all those people? I
would say a few trillion is within an order of magnitude..

So whats the point?

</seething sarcasm>

:)