funsec mailing list archives

RE: WHOIS Privacy Stalemate... Again

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:10:49 -0400

I'd willingly pay an extra $5-$10 a year per domain to fund something
like that.

So would I, but ICANN would rather just have you pay more money to
Verisign.

Don't think too much in terms of common sense WRT ICANN's decision
making. And if they decided to investigate this it would take them a
year to organize the committee to study the problem and 2 more for the
committee to draft a preliminary report.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.eweek.com/cheap_hack/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com