funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who on funsec is in the "Main Core" database?

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:58:45 -0500

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 07:18 -0500, Dennis Henderson wrote:
It would seem some organizations care more about keeping their phone
calls private than allowing the government to do its one
constitutionally mandated function; Protecting us from all enemies,
foreign and domestic.

Er, the oath is actually to protect the *Constitution* against all
enemies foreign or domestic.  The "keeping their phone calls private"
part is to protect from *domestic* forces trampling on certain freedoms
enumerated in Constitution.  Values of "domestic" include our own
government, given the history of how that document came to be in the
first place.

Looks like I'll be in good company in the gulag!
--
- Andy

To get something done, a committee should consist of
no more than three men, two of whom are absent.
  - Robert Copeland