funsec mailing list archives

Re: population controls and the Paul Holdren controversy

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:13:14 -0700

You can find this very persuasive--b/s--article here:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/21/obamas-science-czar-
considered-forced-abortions-sterilization-population-growth/

I am once again taking notes, this is fascinating and persuasive, no
matter how base-less and unsubstantiated.

[TLB:] I think it's perfectly reasonable to out people's prior work,
especially if they haven't' repudiated it.

A lot of the left have nasty skeletons in their closet, as the basic
premise they live under (as do many on the right) is that they are
"Philosopher Princes" who should be empowered to direct the economy and
society towards enlightenment. That meme is the underpinning of the
statist regimes they seek.

Just because he's watered down his most extreme ways of accomplishing
his goals doesn't mean he doesn't effectively have the same goals.

I've had discussions with environmentalists who told me with a straight
face that the extra 4 Million deaths a year that are imputed as being
due to banning DDT were a good thing, because they preferred birds to
people.

Other gems are George Soros being a Nazi collaborator as a teen, helping
send Jews to the death camps, and Noam Chomsky's embrace of Eugenics.

In this particular case, the purported solutions to climate change are
merely watered down versions of the same extreme positions taken by the
Club of Rome.