funsec mailing list archives

Re: population controls and the Paul Holdren controversy

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:43:35 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul M. Moriarty [mailto:pmm () igtc com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:35 AM
To: Gadi Evron
Cc: Tomas L. Byrnes; funsec
Subject: Re: [funsec] population controls and the Paul Holdren
controversy

On Jul 22, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:

Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:
You can find this very persuasive--b/s--article here:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/21/obamas-science-czar-
considered-forced-abortions-sterilization-population-growth/

I am once again taking notes, this is fascinating and persuasive,
no
matter how base-less and unsubstantiated.

[TLB:] I think it's perfectly reasonable to out people's prior work,
especially if they haven't' repudiated it.

A lot of the left have nasty skeletons in their closet, as the basic

<snip irrelevant cases>

In this particular case, the purported solutions to climate change
are
merely watered down versions of the same extreme positions taken by
the
Club of Rome.

Politics aside, this is a cool b/s article. Whether the guy "did it"
or
not is irrelevant to this discussion.

     Gadi.

Welcome to American smear politics and our bullshit media.  It's not
limited to Fox News and conservatives.  2 words:  Dan Rather
[TLB:]
And European media are any better? Most European papers are unashamedly
allied with a political party. IE ,the Irish "Independent", owned by
Tony O'Rielly, and his political mouthpiece (after a long allegiance to
Fine Gael, changing to Fianna Fail in the '90s); the Telegraph (often
called the Torygraph), Le Figaro, which is UMP, Le Monde, which is PS;
etc.

If anything, in the US, we only have one mouthpiece for the Republicans:
Fox, whereas all the rest, to include the paid for with tax $ Public
Broadcasting, is various flavors of Democrat.

If you want to get real news, you have to read a variety of sources, all
with a critical eye, and note where there's smoke, there usually is
fire, but not always.

Personally, I read The Economist for analysis, and get my news from
CNBC, the WSJ, Al-Beeb (BBC), Le Figaro, Fox and CNN, and my local
paper's on-line site.

I get my tech news from IEEE journals, SecurityFocus, and ZDNet.