funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sandy Hook

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:54:30 -0000

If gun control worked, the shooting in the UK that occurred a couple years
back would never have happened...
I don't remember the specifics, but he's the SOB that shot up a school
playground with an AK-47 if memory serves....

AFAIK the only massacre in the UK that involved a  was the Hungerford
massacre in 1987. The perpetrator used two semi-automatic rifles, an M1 and
a Chinese AK-47 copy, as well as a Beretta. The year afterwards, private
ownership of semi-autos became illegal. He was in a community college when
he killed himself, but it was closed for the summer holidays.

In 1989, one person was killed and 17 others wounded in Monkseaton: the guy
used a double-barrelled shotgun.

The school incident you're referring to was, I imagine, Dunblane in 1996:
the guy used handguns, resulting in the virtual banning of private ownership
of handguns in the UK.

In 2010, Derek Bird killed several people with the aid of a double-barrelled
shotgun and a .22 rifle. I don't think he went near a school.

Just an FYI.

--
David Harley CITP FBCS CISSP
Small Blue-Green World