funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sandy Hook

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:57:30 -0600

On 12/14/12 19:36 +0000, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec) wrote:
Gun control would not have prevented this, not at all, not one tiddly
bit....  a criminal would have found a way.... could have easily parked a
truck full of explosives near the school too....

I'll bet it could have been lessened if some teachers were allowed to
carry though, yes.

That's not exactly fair. If he didn't have a gun, he would have been
unlikely to kill very many people. If he didn't have a gun, but the school
had an armed security guard, there probably would have been a much
different outcome. Something as simple as locking the front door (like some
preschools do) might have helped.

I would not enroll my children in a school that armed teachers. period.

This is not something with an easy fix, or it would have been tried. Taking
away guns from law abiding citizens who just want to defend themselves
ain't gonna happen (in the US).

My philosophy when it comes to protecting my family: figure out where all
the crazy people are, and be somewhere else.

--
Dan White