funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sandy Hook

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:25:07 -0500

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Dan White <dwhite () olp net> wrote:
On 12/14/2012 14:57, Dan White wrote:

It may be a bit easier for me in Oklahoma to find the crazy people, since
a law allowing citizens to openly carry handguns has recently gone into
effect. I can say, without hesitation, that the average private citizen
openly carrying a firearm is going to be a great deal crazier than the
average citizen.
Would that include off-duty police officers?

I've always argued folks given a gun for a living should have to go
through psychological evaluation and maintain good mental health. New
Orleans and Baltimore police departments are a case study.

Jeff