funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:41:45 -0500

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:
At first he just sounds like a nut, trying to claim that he should be able to drive in
th HOV lane because he has incorporation papers with him, and so has another
"person" in the car:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Corporation-not-person-in-carpool-lanes-
4173366.php

But he's actually got a point about how stupid this "a corporation is a person" idea
is:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-frieman/4/663/a89

Its called "personhood." Confer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Corporate_personhood.

In the US, corporate america has abused/bastardized the 14th
amendment. The 14th amendment was intentioned to help folks like
blacks and other minorities. Of the 100 or so 14th amendment cases
brought before the US Supreme Court, only 10 or so have been brought
by minorities. The other 190 have been US corporations.

It personally disgusts me. I hope the next set of airplanes are flown
into the assholes who allow the abuse to continue.

Jeff