funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:08:36 -0500

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:37:23 -0600, Dan White said:

What evidence? Do you know each and every voter's intentions and desires?
It's extremely tempting to make assumptions about voters who voted for the
other guy

You're conflating "intentions and desires" with "best interests", which
actually makes my point.  There's a lot of people who vote their *desires*,
which are actually contrary to their own best interests:

"Keep the gubmint out of my medicare".

If that poor deluded soul manages to vote for what's actually in their
best interest (as opposed to the talking points they're repeating), it
will be totally by accident.