funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:41:07 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of John Bambenek
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:32 PM
To: Paul Ferguson
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

<<< snip  >>>>

There are far too many voters who say "I kinda know that name, I'm
voting for him", hence incumbents have a 98%ish reelect rate.  At that
rate, nothing changes and everything that we see as partisan rancor is
really just infotainment masturbation for FoxNews and MSNBC.  Exhibit A,
the gun control debate.  We all know it's going nowhere because Harry
Reid won't call anything.  But it's good for fundraising so rage on kids.

---- Obama did one smart thing in his first term... he stayed far away from the gun control issue.... he knows it's a
losing battle for anyone that is for gun control, this was proven in 1994 and is being proven again in NY, look at
Cuomo's (sp) approval rating right now, low percentage ratings...  right now Obama doesn't really care because he can't
run for a third term (unless he's really stupid and passes an executive order suspending the general election in
2016)... but even now, he's being somewhat careful, not very careful, but somewhat careful....