funsec mailing list archives

Re: US capitol not in US, according to TSA

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:20:45 +0000

Sorry Bill, but if you're living in a country, ANY country, you better damn well know what that country's capitol is...

Aren't TSA workers supposed to have at least a High School education?
Aren't TSA workers supposed to be citizens of the US?
ARen't TSA workers supposed to receive training before fondling us?
Aren't TSA workers supposed to be intelligent enough to protect us from bad guys?

Aren't TSA workers supposed to have a fucking clue?

I'm sure that this case is an isolated case, and that not all TSA workers are clueless morons... but this doesn't make
me feel easy about their screening process and the "training" they receive...

I'm sorry, I don't cut them ANY slack what-so-ever....  They are the "airport police"... imagine if you get pulled over
by a *real* police officer in Idaho and you hand him your DC license... what would your reaction be if he then demands
your passport because he states you handed him a non-US license?

Michael P. Blanchard
Principal Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Cyber Security Services
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772