funsec mailing list archives

Re: US capitol not in US, according to TSA

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:16:00 +0000

Regardless of how much or how little this TSA Agent makes... I could care less if he works for $1 an hour or if he
makes $100k a year....  it has zero bearing to this conversation...
  he is still "airport police" and should at the very least know that the District of Columbia is the capitol of the
united states.... AND he should be very well aware of ALL the US drivers licenses... it is, after all, HIS JOB TO KNOW
THIS.... no excuses, I'm sorry...  with that said, he still did the right thing after not recognizing the license by
asking for help...

An intern working for me, or a "fresh newbie" IT tech/security person, may not know what the autoconfig address is off
the top of his head... Just like a TSA agent may not know that 1600 Pennsylvania Ave is where the president lives...
But that new tech better damn well know that Microsoft makes windows and Apple makes OSX...

Michael P. Blanchard
Principal Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Cyber Security Services
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772