funsec mailing list archives

Re: US capitol not in US, according to TSA

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:07:28 -0500

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:16:00 +0000, "Blanchard, Michael
(InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com> wrote:

Regardless of how much or how little this TSA Agent makes... I could care less if he works for $1 an hour or if he
makes $100k a year....  it has zero bearing to this conversation...
 he is still "airport police" and should at the very least know that the District of Columbia is the capitol of the
united states.... AND he should be very well aware of ALL the US drivers licenses... it is, after all, HIS JOB TO
KNOW THIS.... no excuses, I'm sorry...  with that said, he still did the right thing after not recognizing the
license by asking for help...

And recognize US passports, passport cards, Enhanced Driver’s
Licenses, Trusted Traveler Program cards (NEXUS, SENTRI or
FAST), U.S. Military identification card when traveling on
official orders, U.S. Merchant Mariner documents when
traveling in conjunction with official maritime business, Form
I-872 American Indian Cards, Enhanced Tribal Cards, and tribal
driver's licenses. Oh, and DC cards, throw those in.
Messicans, Canuckistanis, and Bermudanians have some special
privileges.

The unemployed who majored in art or sociology in college
would be ideal for TSA work, owing to their sweet and gentle
dispositions, practical ability to recognize various colored
objects, and unmatched knowledge and certainty that
Washington, DC is the US capital. Besides which it would give
them hope, long lines of cheerful clients to socialize with --
clients with puzzling odors (cheese? old band-aids? cyanide?
horseplop?) wafting from their unshod feet, and the long-term
wherewithal to pay off their mountainous debts. It's a win-win
scenario and, I dare say, a federal test could be devised to
draft them into this patriotic endeavor they might otherwise
forbear.

--
Ned