WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: PCI DSS Compliance

From: "Lyal Collins" <lyal.collins () key2it com au>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:34:51 +1100

Herin lies, imho, the dichotomy between compliance and reality/security.
With a prescriptive mangement level set of requirements, some techo issues
may get lost/missed.
But some techo/security issues will have been fixed in seeking/achieving
compliance, things that otherwise would have remained unaddressed for ho
knows how long.

The upside is that there 'should' be less variabilty between sites, and a
somewhat higher threshold for fraud/crime at an affordable level. This
assumption is yet to be proven, however.

lyal