funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Hey old people

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:04:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:

Good Day,

Thursday, December 22, 2005, 12:36:21 AM, you wrote:

Unfortunately, I no longer have my PC Dos 1.1 diskette.

I have a fully bootable 5160 XT in our other office (I've got about 30
different computers of the early 80s). The only weak point, when I
last tested it (about 3-4 years ago) was the monitor. It would only
work intermittently and I am not sure I still have a working monitor
that would accept the signal.

If you guys have exploits and want a beta tester, I might be able to
arrange something after the new year.

I'll make sure it isn't connected to the net ;-)

I have a 1983 IBM PC model 5150 with original keyboard, and although it's
a while since I booted it up, it worked last time I tried it.