funsec mailing list archives

RE: Hey old people

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:02:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Larry Seltzer wrote:

So presumably LINK.EXE also first appeared in DOS 2.0 (or a later
version)?

Certainly that's true if I'm right, notwithstanding the possibility of a

See my previous post. There were .exe files on Dos 1 diskettes.

LINK.COM for DOS 1.x. Would a linker be useful for .COM files at all? It
might be if it supported overlays, but I'm sure the overlaying linker was a
much later phenomenon.