funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: Julio Canto <jcanto () hispasec com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:20:53 +0200

Marcos Agüero wrote:
Brian Loe escribió:
ROTFLMAO!!! THANK YOU - you just made my point. Buckets CAN be
dangerous but they make it easier to carry water so you don't ban
them. Guns CAN be dangerous but they make it easier to defend yourself
SO YOU DON'T BAN THEM.
The diference is that a gun is designed to kill people (not to defend
people!) while a bucket is designed to carry water. You can't compare
both things and conclude that what is true for one of is true for the other.
[...]

I'm probably not the only one finding this looooong discussion a bit
annoying. Although I've my own position in this matter, I guess this has
become an off-topic long ago. It would be great if persons involved in
this highly-interesting but impossible to solve conversation could
continue it using private messages :)
Thank you very much in advance.

--
Regards,