funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:05:41 -0500

On 6/2/06, Marcos Agüero <maguero () s21sec com> wrote:
Brian Loe escribió:
> ROTFLMAO!!! THANK YOU - you just made my point. Buckets CAN be
> dangerous but they make it easier to carry water so you don't ban
> them. Guns CAN be dangerous but they make it easier to defend yourself
> SO YOU DON'T BAN THEM.
The diference is that a gun is designed to kill people (not to defend
people!) while a bucket is designed to carry water.

No, a gun is designed to withstand the pressures of expanding gasses
so that those gasses can propel a bullet down the barrel. A bucket my
be used to carry water or oil or whet ever else - all of which can
kill. Some thing a bucket might carry are designed to kill as well,
are the buckets that are designed to carry those things designed to
kill?

You can't compare
both things and conclude that what is true for one of is true for the other.

I am not trying to conclude anything like that. I'm stating the FACT
that both a gun and a bucket or inanimate objects with no will or
intent of their own. Do you dispute that somehow?

A gun makes easier to kill people

Have you ever killed anyone? I haven't, so I can't say that for sure.
Any view on this subject would be completely subject, to the point of
being pointless.

and you what your are saying is that
kill people is a way to defend yourself, aren't you?

Yes. Killing an attacker will stop the attack.

A kevlar vest is
designed to defend people, and is a lot more efective than a gun.

Do you know of any person or group of persons that wear Kevlar vests
but don't carry guns?