funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:00:27 -0500

On 5/26/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

What do you mean by "middle England"? I don't know of any area by that
name.

I think what you're trying to say, is that if you look carefully, you'll
find a part of America where the homicide rate is lower than the average.
I'm sure that's true. You might even find a part of England where the
homicide rate per million is higher than that low part of the USA. And
then you can feel good about it.

I think the issue you're having with this debate is your unwillingness
to accept facts as facts so long as they don't support your
feelings...but that's probably just a symptom of your inability to
divorce your feelings from rational thinking.

What the others are trying to say is that you shouldn't be so proud of
your murder rate as compared to the US' - in as far as this gun debate
is concerned - since yours hasn't actually changed. Further, our
murder rate is dropping and yours is maintaining (if not actually
CLIMBING). Further, we haven't given up any guns and, in fact, the AWB
has expired! FURTHER, if you take out gang murders from our murder
rate it would probably be average...maybe even low!!