funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:14:13 -0500

On 5/8/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

anyways, I am going to compare J Lott to Hitler so that we can invoke
Goodwin's law and be done with it.

-JP

Too bad that doesn't work in the debates. I've witnessed a couple of
his debates so I'm fortunate enough to not have to read through a bias
to try and get the truth. Slate? Really!

As for seeking out those who support my position, I don't, obviously.
Lott had no opinion of guns before he conducted his first study. It
was another several years before he even thought of buying a gun. He
still can't, and doesn't, identify himself as a "gunny" and therefore
I doubt you will ever catch him in a discussion of the Second
Amendment and the constitutionality of firearm bans.

Lott hasn't been proven a liar, either, or even anything close to it.
He has had a data loss for one of his studies but that's not all that
unusual - except for the fact that his study upheld an unpopular
opinion among academia. He's conducted a lot of studies and only lost
data for one. I guess its true, you guys really are pissed off about
the Bellisiles (sp?) thing...

I'm happy to let the discussion go though - as I've said before, I
have no hope of changing minds here, I simply want to counter
misinformation (read: BS).