funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:05:17 -0500

On 5/14/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
> Solly - you have a prick? Should we arrest you now or wait to see if
> you actually rape someone?

You really fail to understand, I guess, that when somoene recklessly
endangers other people then he's crossed the line into *my* rights. And I
think you might be uneducable.

The law says .08 is "drunk".

The only way a cop has to know of most drunk drivers is to pull them
over for something else. By then they've committed a crime of some
sort (I won't go into DUI check points as I find them extremely
offensive to liberty and justice, as are NARC check points and
prostitution stings). Could be reckless driving (crossing the center
line, weaving, speeding, etc.), could be manslaughter. Whichever,
that's when a crime has been committed.

You've often stated that you enjoy visiting the pub, and having good
beer. Do you walk? Does England not have a public intoxication law? Or
public nuisance law?

Once again, having the potential to do harm does not mean you are
going to do harm.