funsec mailing list archives

RE: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:49:00 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 15 May 2007, David Harley wrote:

Then maybe we should get whoever designed the designer, to do
a redesign job on the designer, so that then she can do a
redesign on us ... or at least, some of us.

I think I'm going to lie down for a while.

Why? It's obvious that if there's an Intelligent Designer, then that must
be such an irreducibly complex entity that it must have been designed by a
higher level designer, who in turn must have been designed, and so on. See
Cantor. So here's the question:

Is there a Designer intermediate in complexity between our Intelligent
Designer, and the Designer who Designed her? I call this the Godinuum
Question.