funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:25:18 -0500

On 5/14/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
Another important point:  Roads belong to governments, so they get to make
the rules.  If someone wants to drive drunk in an unsafe car with no
headlights at 100 MPH and not get arrested, then they should drive around on
their own 100-acre farm.  Andy and Brian seem to missing a really basic
issue: that public highways and streets don't belong to them.

In the United States they do belong to us - I make payments each and
everytime I fill up my gas tank, or pay taxes on my car. We are the
government and the People. This isn't philosophical mumbo-jumbo, its
the Law.