funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Beat: U.S. Navy to Mask Swastika-Shaped Barracks

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:36:30 +0200

On 9/28/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 9/27/07, Åke Nordin <polymorpevz () gmail com> wrote:

The White House isn't the one that is demonizing Iran.  Iran is doing
that all on their own.

The iranians may be apt all by themselves, but nothing can overshadow
the vast propaganda machine the U.S. employs to that end.

Yeah, their "president" overshadows the US propaganda machine routinely.

Dear U.S.-based list members, it hasn't ever occurred to you that you
just might be slightly afflicted by that severe reality distortion field that
your media emits at all and every wavelength?

No.

OK, I just wondered. Makes sense.

They are supporting terrorists and ethnic cleansing in Iraq - both
with manpower and weapons.

They wish to see Israel wiped off the map - completely. With a nuclear
war head, they would have that capability.

The leadership CHOOSES not to "BELIEVE" in the holocaust - like its an option.

These are all good reasons to watch them, be protective in regards to
them and maybe, depending on the situation, go on the offense with
them.

All are valid points and real problems. Censoring sattelite imagery
from one source certainly doesn't help with any one of them, it only induces
a false sense of security. And we're now a very long way from mounting
an attack on those swastika-lodged seabees.

And, perhaps you are correct that they're do not currently have the
capability of harming us in the US - but we have treatise with other
countries, to include Israel which would require our involvement
regardless.

I fail to comprehend how outspoken animosity towards Iran from
another Head of State with strong backing from another set of
religious fundamentalists could have any positive effect at all
in that matter. Its akin to ... er, wait a minute, I was just about to
invoke Godwins law. Think I'm gonna get back from out to lunch
and start working, this list deserves better. Suppose the swastika
pattern has a bad influence on me, sorry 'bout that.

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.
Damian Conway: "The programmer is fighting against the two most