funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Beat: U.S. Navy to Mask Swastika-Shaped Barracks

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:37:25 -0500

On 9/27/07, Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 10:43:49AM -0500, Brian Loe (knobdy () gmail com) wrote:
On 9/27/07, Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com> wrote:

China and Russia have their own satellites, so google earth is not
telling them anything they don't already know.

What about the Iranians?

The Iranians?  I am supposed to be OK with all the things the Bush
regime is doing because the Iranians might attack the United States?

Fear mongering is an insufficient excuse.  Do better.

What the fuck are you talking about? I couldn't care less if you're
afraid of Bush or the Iranians or your mother! I also said nothing
about Bush and really, REALLY couldn't care less about your opinion of
him, therefore I would not invite them.

My point was quite simple: Iranians don't have satellites, they might
find satellite imagery, even the low level stuff available on the
'Net, helpful. As would a terrorist cell already in the US and
planning a raid on a military base.

Further, if there is RESERVED and RESTRICTED federal airspace above
all military bases - as I said I believed there is - then they should
also restrict this access *as best they can*. And someone early on in
this thread mentioned aerial photography, for some unknown reason,
which federal airspace removes the possibility of (just like the
controlled airspace over federally controlled airports), satellite is
best you're going to get.

If you want to twist those comments into a political statement, feel
free, but leave me out of it since I'm NOT making a political
statement!