WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Secure Coding? Bah!

From: "Taco Fleur" <tacofleur () nella net au>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:27:11 +1000

Hi,

I know what your saying, and I was hesitant about posting any comments at
first because I know what state *my personal* site is currently in, but
trust me I am well aware of these issues (non the less I still like to hear
about them) just to damn lazy at this stage to do something about it. I have
written several documents about how to make a web app more secure, and they
include path disclosure - instead a general error message should be shown
not displaying anything to the user, the general error message is there but
there is an error somewhere that's why it still displays the path. To busy
at the moment with making money ;-))

I was actually following your tracks through the weblog ;-))

Saying ColdFusion sucks is pretty strong, I also have an answer for that
one, any language sucks if the programmer doesn't have a clue what he is
doing. When he does, the language he works with is just as strong.

My 2 cents

Taco Fleur
Blog http://www.tacofleur.com/index/blog/
Methodology http://www.tacofleur.com/index/methodology/