WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Secure Coding? Bah!

From: Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 22:33:01 -0800

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 20:29, Taco Fleur wrote:
You are right in what your saying, an application does not have to be 100%
secure nor can it be 100% secure as long as its on the internet, but I think
the point he is trying to make is that *they do not care*, as I have
experienced a few times.

How exactly do you allege that no application can ever be 100% secure?
You *do* realize that this depends on many factors and applications
can indeed be secure (yes, that's right--100%).  Protocols, interfaces,
and so on can pose security issues that affect any application, but
the application itself and how it's coded can be completely secure.
Granted, it seems rare that it's the case, but I guarantee it's more
than possible to accomplish.
--
Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>