funsec mailing list archives

Re: Router speeds...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:31:24 -0800

On Nov 25, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Dr. Neal Krawetz wrote:

The wireless router (all my routers) reside 10 feet underground, in
a cage shielded by grounded rebar and chicken wire.
(I'm not kidding here.  Most homes in Colorado have basements, and
the chickenwire was for my own paranoia.)

Strange thought department: could you be experiencing radio reflections,
generating interference?  Is the chickenwire and rebar grounded?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two
opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the
ability to function.                        - F. Scott Fitzgerald
             http://www.wileytoons.com/comics/1999/november/1127.jpg
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade