funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors Please S tand Up?

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:01:16 GMT

I think it is disingeniuous to say that just because some of
us are against domestic surveillance by our own government that
we are somehow also against the "war on terrorism" -- that's just
plain silly.

Of course we want to catch the terrorists -- we just don't want
the government eroding our fundamentally privacy rights in the
process. Or violating the fundamental belief in the presumption
of innocence in the absence of evidence or probable cause.

- ferg

-- "Henderson, Dennis K." <Dennis.Henderson () umb com> wrote:

Ah, security through stupidity, or, terrorists are dumb so the US is ok
and the press shouldn't reveal what every spy/infiltrator learns in
Spying 101.

Huh?  There you go again assuming..... Neither you nor I know what level
of sophistication a particular enemy organization works at...  Look at
Saddam. He managed to fool the US and many other countries into thinking
he had WMDs...(he actually did, but that is another story).

Its too bad that the media is not supportive of the war on
terror(amazing that its so clear where they stand...). Things might be
different. The Iraq occupation would probably have already be over.

[snip]

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net