funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors Please Stand Up?

From: "StyleWar" <stylewar () cox net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:36:27 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dude VanWinkle [mailto:dudevanwinkle () gmail com]
In the absence of *specific* constitutional privacy protection, I
would argue only that the safety of U.S. citizens be held
with greater
preference to their privacy. Logically, the death of the citizen
renders privacy meaningless.

Exactly, so just let me lock you up in a little box and run
daily body cavity searches and you will be totally safe.
Why,... do you have a problem with that?

Who cares if we give our government so much power they can
kill any future opposition to their ways before it begins? As
long as you and the kids are safe, thats all that matters.

-JP<the tool>

Tell ya what - I'd love to have that discussion as soon as body cavity
searches becomes germane to the discussion...Till then, yer grabbing at
(nonexistent) straws.

OBTW - if you're all about empowering citizens to one day rise up agin the
gubment, then you would be better served to argue that Cletus should be able
to build a nuke in his back yard if he wants to....there's a specific
constitutional protection for citizens to keep and bear arms isn't there?
The government limits that to non-assault weapons...but keeps assault
weapons for itself doesn't it?

-

StyleWar