funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:06:26 -0500

On 5/26/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
> I don't have to, I've been to New York, Chicago, St. Louis, DC, LA,
> KC... shall I go on? I believe the World Factbook shows the UK as
> being slightly smaller than the state of Oregon (Portland slums
> anyone?!), figure it out.

Slums aren't caused by the area of the entire country, they're caused by
poor conditions in cities, and you can be sure that we do have cities in
England, and that there are poor areas within some of them.

I don't even understand this comment - perhaps someone else can
explain it to me.

I don't think you're trying to say that you have as many poor - or as
many slums - as the US (per capita), but then maybe you are. You
don't, of course.

So, your contention that drugs are a main cuase, is unfounded.

First off, don't cite any references that aren't government related.
From previous experience I know not to trust your sources.

Second, if they collect any data on the "whys" of a shooting incident
at all its going to be spotty analysis at best. Secondly, I'm not
discussing shooting incidents with drug USEAGE, I'm discussing the
black market business of drug dealing. Remember you're "freer" than us
because all drugs are legal in the UK and therefore you don't have
gangs fighting for markets.

> Dumbest friggin' thing I have ever read - and a LIE. Again, according
> to YOUR HOME OFFICE, murders with fists and feet make up half the
> murder rate!!!

Remind me where you got these "fists and feet" statistics; I see a figure
a bit less. But that's not important - don't you see? If you make murder
easier by giving everyone a gun, the percentage of murders using feet and
fists goes down, and the total number of murders goes up.

Yeah, that's an extrapolation only a biased researcher would attempt
to make... Crime is falling in the states and gun ownership has gone
up.

> Quit this, you're just being dishonest and its plain stupid to
> continue.

I accept your surrender, and hope that you won't be so stupid as to
continue. If you do, I'll reply via email, to spare the other folks on
this list the continuance.

Surrender hell - I won this argument a long time ago. Rather, your
Home Office won it for me. All the misdirection and biased, BS reports
in the world can't help your argument. Of course, thats if I were
dealing with you on a rational basis - which I'm clearly not.

> I give you a fact from your own country and you give me some
> emotional, knee-jerk, feel-good BS. I personally DO NOT CARE if you
> like guns. I don't care if you ever reconsider your position on the
> subject. I just want you to stop spreading lies about it.

The truth can hurt, when you aren't used to it, but ultimately, you'll
find it's good for you.

You wouldn't know the truth if it stood in front of you and spit in your face.