funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. Government to Ask Courts to Toss Phone

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:25:35 -0500

On 6/12/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

I don't fly either - probably for some of the same reasons, and
additionally because they prevent my ability to ever protect myself in
case of another hijacking! However, I did let my daughter go on a trip
with a friend to Florida and we had to get a non-DL ID so that she
could board the plane!!!! This isn't Vietnam, and my 12 year old
daughter doesn't look a thing like a Muslim/extremist/terrorist.

But neither does little Abdul Mohammed, travelling under his legal name of
John Sixpack.

Oye...do I even want to respond...

Its pretty friggin' easy to figure out who the most likely targets are
and if they search me, as johnny sixpack, I don't care, but I'm
talking about "private room" searches and its bullshit. They even
tried to take a Congressional Medal of Honor from an 80+ year old
because it had points on it! NONE of these preflight precautions will
do shit to stop another 9/11. What will stop another 9/11 is the
people on those planes not screwing around - its assumed now that if
your plane gets hijacked you have the choice of fighting or
dying....pretty easy question to answer.

You're not likely to ever find a gun or bomb up the ass of any 12 year
old, even one wearing a towel on his head.