funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus Ignores U.S. Court?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:07:26 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 9/18/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
I'm not sure how women don't have equal protection under the law, but
that's aside the point. In reality, when the USSC generally discusses
companies as having "rights" they are or should be referring to the
stock holders' rights - not the corporate entity's. Our political

I have a feeling that under US law, a corporation is a legal "person",
there was some railraod case that set this precedent.

Yep, they have most of the rights of a person, but no body with which
to put in jail when they break the law :-(

Yes, that's a drawback. But if a corporation breaks the law, surely at
least one of the corporate officers has broken the law?